Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Update from Week 2

Well, we are off and running! Another busy day yesterday. We hit the ground running with Advanced Math B. We covered Lessons 60 and 61 yesterday and they need to do the practice problems for those Lessons. In Shakespeare we had a really good discussion on Act 1 of Julius Caesar. It is always easier to understand the play once we start reading it out loud. They will move on to Act 2 and Lesson 2 in the Commentary. Also, I gave them their essay topics, so that they can begin working on their assigned essay.
In Philosophy, Christian led the discussion and did an excellent job. Continue reading and outlining in Chapters 2 and 3. In History, we discussed the early explorers and early colonies. We have alot of material in these chapters and there's no way we can cover it all in class, so make sure you are reading carefully! Note the essay due Week 4 and the presentations to be done on Week 5.

I am working on the Spanish link and as soon as we have that set up, then the students can do some out of class communication with Ms. Adams to practice their Spanish. Please remember to do some Spanish work every day! You won't progress unless you practice!

Don't forget to check the science link for Mrs. Matthews' update. I also want to note that the students should not have other students coming to visit them during the day or at lunch. I am wary of having non-adults and people that I do not know coming on campus. The pastor of the church was upset because someone came driving through with their windows down blaring loud music. I definitely don't want to upset the church, and I don't know who it was. We had a visitor come on campus yesterday and I don't know if it was him, but we need to discourage any social visitors during the day. It is too hard for me to police if such visits are okay with the parents.

Also, while it is so pretty outside, I want to encourage everyone to take time for lunch outside. At lunchtime I will be supervising my daughter, and it will be helpful if everyone can just come over to the picnic shelter at Westside Chapel for lunch. Thanks for understanding!

I hope you all have a great week and feel free to call me with questions!

Mrs. Stegall

No comments: