Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Week 1- Advanced Math A

Hello Everyone! Although I can honestly say that I wasn't ready for summer to end, it's time now to dive back into this school year. I am excited for the opportunity to teach Advanced Math again this year in familiar territory, the Caleb House at Calvary Christian Center. We met on Tuesday, August 16, 2011, for our first class.

As I explained, our normal pace will be two lessons a week. For this past Tuesday and next Tuesday, we will be doing three lessons. After that, we'll drop back to two. We previewed Lessons 1, 2 and 3. I strongly encourage the students to do all of the problems associated with each lesson. I will not he "grading" each homework assignment. I do administer a Midterm at the end of first semester and a Final exam and the end of second semester. In between those times, I will be advising parents via this blog when to administer the periodic tests that are part of the homeschool packet for the Saxon book.

I look forward to seeing everyone next Tuesday. Have a blessed week!

Mrs. Stegall

Next week, we'll take some time to go through any questions from the homework and then we'll preview Lessons 4, 5, and 6.

No comments: