Thursday, September 13, 2012

Week 5 in Advanced Math

I wanted to take time on this beautiful morning to remind parents and students to be administering tests at home.  If you have not taken Test 1 already, please do so.  This test covers material through Chapter 4 and is to be given after Chapter 8.  You should be ready to take Test 2 next week.  This covers material through Chapter 8 and is to be given after Chapter 12.  We just previewed Chapters 11 and 12.  I would like to go over any questions that the students have for these two chapters before they take the second test.

We have covered solving quadratic equations by completing the square and by using the quadratic formula.  We also continue to integrate geometry into our study by reviewing the way that we formulate  proofs for congruency and the properties of a circle.  If you see that your student is struggling in any area, please let me know, so that we can go more indepth on that topic.

We will be moving on to Chapters 13 and 14 next Tuesday.  I look forward to seeing everyone next week.

Blessings,
Mrs. Stegall

No comments: